Temporary replacement teeth are usually fitted at the same time as your implant placement, which will stay in place until the final restoration appointment.
Once your jaw has healed, an abutment will be fixed to the implant to hold your denture in place. Abutments are produced in titanium, gold or porcelain, and can come as a standard fit or crafted specifically for you. These options offer a range of aesthetics results, depending on your requirements.
Dentures are then fitted on top, to replace your missing teeth. Your Fakenham dentist will carefully match the colour of your crown to your natural teeth.
Using an implant supported denture to replace multiple teeth has the advantages of:
- Chewing function is improved - the denture is much more stable - reduced risk of digestive problems
- No more concerns about embarrassing situations when a conventional denture may drop - improved self confidence
- Better support for facial tissues - giving a more 'youthful' appearance
- No need for unpleasant denture adhesives or pastes
- The implant secured denture can be removed to ease cleaning around the implants
Call Brooklyn House Dental & Implant Clinic on 01328 862620 to book your consultation today.